The at-Conference Career Services Center gives members the opportunity to gain free, valuable, on-site job search and employee placement assistance. Job boards, coaching sessions, résumé critiques and LinkedIn profile reviews will be available. When heading to Conference in San Diego this February, be sure to bring plenty of copies of your résumé and stop by the Career Services Center in the Member Services Pavilion to take advantage special complimentary offerings:
• Résumé Critiques: Don’t waste an opportunity to make sure your professional presence, on paper and online, is up to par. Take advantage of a complimentary résumé critique or LinkedIn profile review, by CMAA’s professional résumé writer, Michelle Riklan of Riklan Resources.
• Coaching Sessions: Coaching is a highly effective way to learn to make significant changes in attitudes, beliefs and behaviors to help achieve personal and professional goals. Experience a complimentary, face-to-face, coaching session with one of CMAA’s coaches, Kevin MacDonald or Shelley MacDougall of Clarity Success Coaching.
• Job Boards: Whether to fill a position at your club or you are personally seeking a new position, utilize the complimentary job boards at Conference to post and search all levels of positions, from General Manager to Intern.
• Career Opportunities and Mentoring Showcase: Set up regionally, in a job-fair-like format, the Career Opportunities and Mentoring showcase is a mutually beneficial hiring opportunity for managers and students. This is the perfect place for managers looking to fill internship and entry-level positions, to market their clubs and network with students seeking employment opportunities. Managers who do not have positions readily available, but are interested in giving back to the students through mentoring and networking are also encouraged to attend. A list of registered participants can be found here.
• Staff Assistance and Additional Services: CMAA’s National staff will be available on-site to assist with any questions you may have about the CMAA’s Career Services programs and resources.
Advance sign-up for on-site résumé services and coaching will be available beginning in February.
Questions? Please email the Membership Department or call (703) 739-9500.