Credits earned at chapter-level education programs classify as Chapter Education credits. CMAA members need to earn 25 chapter-level education credits in order to qualify for the CCM exam. Chapter Education credits also count toward the Certification Maintenance Requirement as well as Honor Society eligibility.
Chapter Education Requirements:
• Chapters must submit chapter education sessions online in order for the credits to be posted.
• One credit per hour of instruction (sessions must be at least one-hour in length).
• There must be a minimum of five CMAA members in attendance from at least three different clubs.
• Programs of four hours or longer must be pre-approved by CMAA National Education Department (unless the speaker is listed in the Guide to Speakers & Workshops).
• Programs of more than eight hours of instruction in one day will not be approved.
Additional Examples of Chapter Education Sessions:
• Wine Education. Please note that CMAA generally awards only Chapter Education credit for wine education dinners, because parts of these events include social functions.
• Case studies
• Roundtable discussions are permissible. Please fill out the additional Chapter Round-table Meeting Form for credits.
Chapter Education Credits can also be earned by attending chapter-level workshops (CMAA does not award credits for club tours, tournaments, and/or fundraising events).
Chapter Business Meeting:
Chapter business meetings (includes annual meetings) provide the best opportunity for chapters to provide their members with all of the information that they need to know about their chapter and their national Association. These sessions are normally held immediately before or after a chapter education session.
• Chapters must submit business meetings minutes online in order for the credits to be posted.
• CMAA awards one Association Activity credit for business meetings regardless of the length of the meeting.
• A copy of the business meeting minutes must be included with the online roster in order for credits to be awarded.
• Credits are not awarded for chapter board meetings.