The Club Managers Association of America is pleased to announce its 2014 Officers and Board of Directors. CMAA members had the opportunity to cast their ballots online prior to or in-person at the 87th World Conference and Club Business Expo in Orlando, FL. The election results have been tabulated electronically by the voting software and were announced at the Awards and Conference Finale on Saturday, February 8, 2014.
The 2014 CMAA Officers are:
- President Damon J. DiOrio, CCM, CCE, Chief Executive Officer of Charlotte Country Club, Charlotte, NC;
- Vice President Tony D’Errico, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Westwood Country Club, St. Louis, MO;
- Secretary – Treasurer Jill R. Philmon, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer of Ballantyne Country Club, Charlotte, NC; and
- Immediate Past President Richard H. Bayliss Jr., CCM, CCE, Chief Operating Officer of The Lost Tree Club, North Palm Beach, FL.
Newly elected or re-elected as Directors are:
- Mark A. Bado, MCM, CCE, General Manager and Chief Operating Officer of The Kansas City Country Club, Mission Hills, KS (Three-Year Term);
- Robert C. James, CCM, CCE, CHE, Chief Operating Officer of Westchester Country Club, Rye, NY (Re-elected to a Three-Year Term);
- Todd D. Marsh, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Conway Farms Golf Club, Lake Forest, IL (One-Year Term); and
- Richard D. Spurlin, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Eugene Country Club, Eugene, OR (Three-Year Term).
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board include:
- William E. Langley, CCM, General Manager/Chief Operating Office of Quail Ridge Country Club, Boynton Beach, FL;
- Michael McCarthy, General Manager/Chief Executive Officer of Addison Reserve Country Club, Delray Beach, FL;
- Robert J. "Bobby" Crifasi, CCM, CCE, CPA, General Manager of New Orleans Country Club, New Orleans, LA;
- Peter C. Davies, CCM, Centerville, MA; and
- Randall J. Ruder, CCM, CCE, General Manager of Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, NY.
Lastly, the Bylaws Proposition was approved by the CMAA Membership. The complete text of this change is available at here.