1909 Club Reception
How has this idea enhanced your club's operation, etc.?
Greensboro Country Club developed the 1909 Club to assist with membership retention of some of our most treasured members...
To be a member of the 1909 Club, a member’s age and their tenure at the Club must combine to equal 100 or more. Once a year, the members of the 1909 Club are treated to a reception in their honor. This reception gives our tenured members - who vary in age - an opportunity to gather and rekindle old friendships and reminisce about Club memories.
How was this idea implemented, and what have been the club members' reactions?
Formal invitations with a special logo are sent to the members of the 1909 Club to make everyone feel special. Having a formal invitation also helps reach members who may not have email. The reception includes live music, and complimentary hors d’oeuvres, beer and wine. Most importantly, all attendees are given name tags to wear! Members love getting together with people they may not have seen in years.
Quotes from Members:
- “This makes us feel so special.”
- “We haven’t seen our friends in years, and this gives us a reason to come out to the Club.”
- “Please do this event again.”
- *Arriving at 1909 Club Party* “Do we really have to wear these name tags?”
- *Leaving 1909 Club Party* “Thank you so much for the name tags!”