Back to the Clubhouse Weekend
How has this idea enhanced your club's operation, etc.?
Among the variety of events the DAC hosts, the flagship is the annual Back to the Club. This event has grown into a weekend celebration marketed as “Detroit Biggest Party of the Year.” Although we certainly wanted to let our hair down as a Club community, we also wanted to be respectful of what everyone experienced throughout the pandemic. Not wanting to focus on the negative, but making sure we did not ignore what everyone went through. And so to remind members that the DAC is their second home of sorts, we incorporated the theme “7 Floors All Yours.”
How was this idea implemented, and what have been the club members' reactions?
The theme this year was a celebration of all the positive things that happened in 2020-21 and brought us together. This gave us an opportunity to get clever and play off of silly celebratory events and things that just happened. The member feedback was received throughout the evening and through emails and surveys—each communication singing the praises of it being “the best Back to the Club yet!” Consider these responses:
Our members were ready to come back and celebrate together.
- “Fabulous event! Well done and great attention to details.”
- “Very well done event—if the DAC was struggling with staffing shortages, you could not tell at this event. I am very glad I attended, and also appreciate that a COVID screening was sent out in advance. Kudos!”
- “AWESOME!!! Keep up the great work.”
- “Great event. Decor was outstanding. Variety of food was fantastic.”
- “I loved the whole weekend!!”
- “You and your team knocked it out of the ballpark this year, especially during these pandemic times! Fantastic job!”
- “Lots of fun—looking forward to making this an annual tradition for us.”