Departmental Extravaganza "Cherokee Connects"
How has this idea enhanced your club's operation, etc.?
To promote relationships between departments within the Club we held a Departmental Extravaganza - titled "Cherokee Connects", this event was designed to provide a glimpses into another departments day to day operation and the work that each of us do on a daily basis contributes to the teams success as a whole.
Employees that participated in the event had a better understand and appreciation of the work that they as individuals and as a department is meaningful.
How was this idea implemented, and what have been the club members' reactions?
Bulletin Board: Advertisement for the Cherokee Expo – to be put up in July and displayed through the Expo Date.
Activity: Cherokee Principles Expo
• Each department will showcase how they follow the Cherokee Principles in their Department while upholding the Cherokee Standard.
• Employee meal will be structured around the event to encourage participation at Town Club will be in Ballroom, Country Club, employee meal will remain in the Break-room
• Managers should allot more time for lunch break and expo
• Employees will clock out for lunch and be on the clock for expo
• Participants will check in at the expo at the HR table.
Tennis - Promote Racket Sports
Fitness - Fitness Challenge
Golf - Putting Challenge
Golf Course Maintenance - Turf Samples
Culinary - Blind Taste Test
Banquets - Napkin Fold / Table Set-Ups
Membership - Member ID - Guess Who
Business Office - Bean Counting Contest - Payroll Process
Housekeeping & Maintenance - Safety Best Practices
Purchasing & Laundry - The Price is Right
Human Resources - Expo Check-in & Benefits
Steering Committee - Live Interviews & Skits
A map was provided of each departments booth and a stamp given to each employee that came by when they visited the booth all completed maps that stopped at all booths were entered into a drawing for a gift card.
Employees feed back was very positive and asked that this be done at least once a year.