In the Bank
How has this idea enhanced your club's operation, etc.?
We created a “bank” of questions to make the interview process more consistent at our Club. Because our department (Golf) has a wide variety of supervisors who interview potential employees, team members range in their experience in interviewing candidate. We created the bank of questions to set the same standard and expectations for potential employees.
How was this idea implemented, and what have been the club members' reactions?
- All hiring managers met to determine the attributes of an ideal employee.
- We determined what questions help pinpoint the best candidates – and made this a “bank” of questions for all supervisors to use.
- Let employees learn from each other with an open discussion on interview best practices.
- Reconvened after a busy hiring period.
- Reviewed the list and discuss pros and cons.
Supervisors feel more prepared and organized, and have a clear picture of the type of employees they want to hire.