Registration and breakfast
Registration for the Club Leadership Summit is now closed.
Set Your Club’s Strategic Direction
Improve alignment with your Board of Directors this fall with CMAA’s Club Leadership Summits. These Summits bring together club management professionals and their club’s elected leader(s) for cooperative education and engagement on best practices and trends.
Prepare your club’s elected leadership for success with focused information on relevant strategic topics on governance, finance, including:
- Governance–evaluating organizational health; board orientations, self-evaluation, and efficacy; roles and responsibilities; and evolving trends
- Finance–exploring the financial model of clubs and its relevancy to successful governance; using a data-driven decision-making process
- Club Trends–engaging multi-generations of members; embracing strategy
Presented in Partnership with Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace, a CMAA Business Partner
November 30, 2022
Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, NY
On November 30, the Summit will be held at the Beach Point Club in Mamaroneck, NY. Situated on Long Island Sound, the Beach Point Club boasts breathtaking views, a beautiful clubhouse with a first-rate dining program, a full-service marina, youth programs, tennis courts and a platform tennis complex, an outdoor dining pavilion, swimming pools, cabanas, and a beach.
- The full day of education at Beach Point Club in Mamaroneck, NY, includes both the club's General Manager/CEO and the Club President.
- The in-person cost includes breakfast and lunch for both the club's General Manager/CEO and the Club President or Board Member for $350.
- Additional Board Members are $150.
- CMAA Attendees will earn 5 CMI Education Credits
- Registration closes November 16.
Registration is now closed.
Effective Governance Models and Organizational Structure – Kurt Kuebler, CCM, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace
- Organizational Health
- Leading Club Best Practices – Successful Boards
- Roles and Responsibilities – Term limits, etc.
- Board and Committee Orientations - Engagement
The Link Between Strategic Governance and Understanding Financial Models of Clubs – Ray Cronin and Jim Butler, CCM, CCE, PGA, Ph.D., Club Benchmarking
- Understanding Financial Models of Clubs
- Application of Financial Models of Club to Improve Governance
Lunch break and club tour
Effective Board Evaluations – Kurt Kuebler, CCM, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace
- Self-Evaluation and Board Efficiency
Post-COVID Club Trends – Jeff Morgan, FASAE, CAE, CMAA and Tom Wallace, CCM, CCE, Kopplin Kuebler & Wallace
- Engagement of Multi-generations of Members
- Strategically Setting Up the Board
- GM/CE and President/Chairman
- Strategy Model – VUCA, Competitive Forces vs. Internal Resources
- Data Driven Decision vs. Emotional Decision Making
- Club Trends Post COVID-19
Wrap up and Key Takeaways