Access Career Services including Coaching and Job Boards
Housed within the Member Services Pavilion, the Career Services Center can help you take the next step in your own career as well as recruit and expand your club team.
- Benefit from on-site Coaching Sessions. Coaching is a highly effective way to learn to make significant changes in attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors to help achieve personal and professional goals. Experience a complimentary, one-on-one session with CMAA Coaches Kevin MacDonald or Shelley MacDougall. Spaces are limited and registration will open in January.
- Post Opportunities with Complimentary Job Boards. Job posters can publicize club employment opportunities for attendee viewing. Multiple boards offer exciting new opportunities across departments and career stages, including internships to executive-level positions.
Attend the Career Opportunities & Networking Showcase
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 6, from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. and connect with the next generation of club industry leaders, our CMAA Student attendees from hospitality programs around the country. This job fair and networking forum is the place where students and managers can gather to discuss employment and internship opportunities as well as network and discuss goals and mentorship. Even if you do not have a current job opening at your club, managers looking to make an impact on the future leaders in the industry should plan to attend this event (Association Activity credit offered).
Sign Up to Be a Mentor through the Mentorship Program
Are you a student or new manager looking to have more one-on-one time with an experienced club management professional? Or are you a professional who has a passion for helping the next generation learn more about club management? If you answered yes to either one of these questions, this program is for you. Mentors and mentees will be paired a few weeks prior to heading to Las Vegas to get to know one another and create a game plan for your time together at Conference. Schedule a coffee break at the Royal Cup Coffee House, a lunch or two, a “field trip” to the Club Business Expo, and/or make suggestions for which education sessions to attend based on interests and learning opportunities… the possibilities are endless! The Mentorship Program helps students, new managers, and seasoned managers connect and make the most of this time together.
Borrow Ideas and Insights for Your Club with the Idea Fair
Spotlight your club’s best ideas when you participate in the Idea Fair. Enter your club’s best concepts across 22 operational categories including events, holiday programs, staff management and incentives, membership development, cost/time-saving concepts, internships, and more. On site, browse the aisles and aisles of inspiring, club-tested ideas and borrow your club’s next offering.
Organized by participants, tailored for participants, within a casual and inclusive atmosphere, Open Space allows you to secure time to crowdsource your topic, issue, or challenge during the World Conference. Propose a topic, create the discussion question, and welcome fellow professionals and new contacts to engage in the dialogue. Secure a 30-minute slot to maintain a vibrant exchange of ideas!
Prefer to join a discussion? Check out the Conference App and add these curated conversations to your Conference schedule.
First-Timer’s Newbee Orientation and Social
Presented in Partnership with Jonas, a CMAA Strategic Partner
March 4, 2024, 10:00 a.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Is this your first World Conference? We’ve got you covered! Gain insights into maximizing your Conference experience with two events specially designed for and limited to first-time Conference attendees.
- In advance, listen to the January and February editions of the Let’s Talk Club Management podcast for insider tips.
- On site, plan to arrive in time to attend the First Timers Newbee Orientation on Monday, March 4, at 10:00 a.m. where you will network with other first-timers and hear directly from CMAA’s Board and Conference team.
- At the Newbee Social beginning at 4:45 p.m., make new connections with fellow first-time participants.
Participate in CMAA Voting and Elections
While online voting will begin in December, there will be time set aside at the World Conference to vote for your 2024 CMAA National Directors. Be sure to read Outlook and visit the election page to learn about your candidates before heading to the polls! (Voter eligibility verified on site.)