Surveys and Reports
CMAA conducts detailed surveys on club finances, operations, and compensation and benefits. The surveys are compiled into various reports which provide detailed information to participants and the club industry. Participants receive a complimentary copy of the report.
Surveys are completed on the Industry Insights platform to ensure confidential and secure data storage and management. New participants can register and past participants can log in.
Club Leader’s Perspective Survey
You are invited to participate in the 2021 Club Leader’s Perspective Survey, a GGA Partners research initiative administered in partnership with CMAA. This survey explores recent trends and reactions within the club industry, serving as a contemporary update on the pressing needs of club leaders across the country.
The survey is estimated to take 20 minutes to complete and address the following sections:
- Section 1 – Club Profile
- Section 2 – Industry Outlook
- Section 3 – Access and Utilization
- Section 4 – Member Experience Insights
- Section 5 – Capital and Finance
- Section 6 – Inflationary Impacts on Service
The results, in summary form, will be available to those who complete the survey.
2021 Finance and Operations Report
The 2021 Finance and Operations Report is now available. This year’s report found the typical growth in membership annual dues (2020 vs. 2019) to be 3 percent across most membership classes/types and the median member attrition rates to be 5.6 percent overall, 5.5 percent for golf and country clubs, 5.7 percent for city/athletic clubs, 4.7 percent for yacht clubs, and 6.5 percent for CIRA clubs.
- All members have access to the Executive Summary through CMAA University.
- Participants may access the Full Report, their Individual Club Report and the NEW Report Card (featuring a few key metrics) on the Research Portal at cmaa-research.org.
- Subscribers to the Club Resource Center receive a copy of the print report and have access to an online data analytics platform which allows clubs to compare their data versus five peer groups and create customized aggregations of the survey results.
2019 Economic Impact Report
This report is available to the greater public and provides vital information on how clubs contribute to the economy and give back to their local communities. The report finds that revenue for CMAA clubs have reached nearly $21 billion and a total direct economic impact of $24 billion.
2018 Compensation and Benefits Report
- All members have access the Executive Summary through CMAA University and the Best Practices Exchange.
- Participants may access the Full Report and their Individual Club Report on the Research Portal at cmaa-research.org.
- Subscribers to the Club Resource Center receive a copy of the print report and have access to an online data analytics platform which allows clubs to compare their data versus
- Non-members may purchase sections of the report in CMAA’s online store.