Wine Program Awards
The objective of the Wine Program Awards is to annually recognize the best club wine programs and laud CMAA member-managed clubs that establish and maintain fine wine programs for their membership. The awards are meant to be a hallmark of quality and assurance of an eminent wine program. A club that receives recognition should leverage its accomplishment when marketing the club’s food and beverage program to its membership.
Please note there have been some changes in the scoring system to better evaluate a club’s wine program. You will notice some of the questions on the questionnaire have changed and there is a more detailed list for what to include in your cover letter.
Awards are given in the categories of Merit and Distinction. On the 100-point scale, an Award of Merit is achieved when a club scores between 80 and 89, and an Award of Distinction is achieved when a club scores a 90 or above.
Rules of Participation
Entries must be received no later than Thursday, September 1, 2022.
A club participates by submitting the following:
Part I: Submit your Official Entry Form
Part II: Fill out the questionnaire and send it in a single PDF with the following scanned documents via an electronic file sharing avenue (i.e. Dropbox, Box, OneDrive, etc. and share the folder with your submission with Sara Thom):
- Questionnaire—Download the 2022 Wine Program Awards Questionnaire
- Cover letter—In your cover letter, tell us about your wine program. Please be as detailed as possible, discussing the following:
- Staff involvement
- The focus on the program
- Improvements made to the program over the past year
- Wine events held at the club over the past year; please include a copy of all wine event flyers
- Glassware used for the wine program
- Discuss your wine training program for wait staff
- Discuss your cellaring conditions
- The type of wine preservation system that you use
Your entry MUST be scanned into ONE PDF in the following order (entries not submitted as such will not be scored):
- Cover Letter
- Wine menus
- Wine Inventory
Note: All items must be submitted via a shared drive, not via email.
The Award of Merit and the Award of Distinction are attained by receiving a qualifying score from the questionnaire verified by the club’s cover letter and the menu entry. On the 100-point scale, an Award of Distinction is achieved when a club scores a 90 or above and an Award of Merit is achieved when a club scores between 80 and 89. The award certificates will be presented at the Wine Society Business Meeting at the 2021 World Conference and Club Business Expo in Tampa, FL. Certificates will be mailed to those not in attendance. All winning clubs will also be recognized in CMAA and Wine Society publications.
Awards of Distinction
- Big Canyon Country Club, Newport Beach, CA
- Club at Houston Oaks, Hockley, TX
- Nantucket Golf Club, Siasconset, MA
- River Oaks Country Club, Houston, TX
- Bellerive Country Club, St. Louis, MO
- Paradise Valley Country Club, Paradise Valley, AZ
- Arizona Country Club, Phoenix, AZ
- Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, PA
- The Pacific Club, Honolulu, HI
Awards of Merit
- Club at Mediterra, Naples, FL
- Club at the Dunes of Naples, Naples, FL
- Mediterra Beach Club, Bonita Springs, FL
- Sailfish Point POA, Stuart, FL
- Spring Lake Golf Club, Spring Lake Heights, NJ
- Country Club of Little Rock, Little Rock, AR