Wine Program Awards
The objective of the Wine Program Awards is to annually recognize the best club wine programs and laud CMAA member-managed clubs that establish and maintain fine wine programs for their membership. The awards are meant to be a hallmark of quality and assurance of an eminent wine program. A club that receives recognition should leverage its accomplishment when marketing the club’s food and beverage program to its membership.
Please note there have been some changes in the scoring system to better evaluate a club’s wine program. You will notice some of the questions on the questionnaire have changed and there is a more detailed list for what to include in your cover letter.
Awards are given in the categories of Merit and Distinction. On the 100-point scale, an Award of Merit is achieved when a club scores between 80 and 89, and an Award of Distinction is achieved when a club scores a 90 or above.
Rules of Participation
Entries must be received no later than Thursday, September 18, 2023.
A club participates by submitting the following:
Part I: Entry Form
Part II: Questionnaire and Wine Program Document
Compile the following documents into a single pdf file, in this order:
- Cover letter—In your cover letter, tell us about your wine program. Please be as detailed as possible, discussing the following:
- Staff involvement
- The focus on the program
- Improvements made to the program over the past year
- Wine events held at the club over the past year; please include a copy of all wine event flyers
- Glassware used for the wine program
- Discuss your wine training program for wait staff
- Discuss your cellaring conditions
- The type of wine preservation system that you use
- Scanned copy of the Wine Menus—A club endorses its authentic à la carte wine menu by including copies of the wine menu and the by-the-glass wine menu (including cover). For any oversized or undersized menu pages, etc., please scan onto one 8 ½” x 11” size page.
- Scanned copy of the club’s Wine Inventory
The Award of Merit and the Award of Distinction are attained by receiving a qualifying score from the questionnaire verified by the club’s cover letter and the menu entry. On the 100-point scale, an Award of Distinction is achieved when a club scores a 90 or above and an Award of Merit is achieved when a club scores between 80 and 89.
The award certificates will be presented at the Wine Society Business Meeting at the 2024 World Conference and Club Business Expo in Las Vegas, NV. Certificates will be mailed to those not in attendance. All winning clubs will also be recognized in CMAA and Wine Society publications.
Awards of Distinction
- Arizona CC, Phoenix, AZ
- Bellerive CC, St. Louis, MO
- Bighorn GC, Palm Desert, CA
- Birnam Wood GC, Santa Barbara, CA
- Canoe Brook CC, Summit, NJ
- Nantucket GC, Siasconset, MA
- Paradise Valley CC, Paradise Valley, AZ
- River Oaks CC, Houston, TX
- Royal Poinciana GC, Naples, FL
- Spring Lake GC, Spring Lake Heights, NJ
- Talisker Club, Park City, UT
- The Club at Houston Oaks, Hockley, TX
- The Club at the Dunes of Naples, Naples, FL
- Union League of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
- Washington Athletic Club, Seattle, WA
Awards of Merit
- Beach Point Club, Mamaroneck, NY
- Belle Meade CC, Nashville, TN
- Blackhawk CC, Danville, CA
- Glendora CC, Glendora, CA
- Maidstone Club, East Hampton, NY
- Minnehaha CC, Sioux Falls, SD
- Philadelphia CC, Gladwyne, PA
- Sailfish Point POA, Stuart, FL
- Shoreacres, Lake Bluff, IL
- The Old Club, Harsens Island, MI