CMAA Announces 2023 Board of Directors
Seabrook to Lead as 2023 Chairman
Alexandria, VA—February 28, 2023—The Club Management Association of America (CMAA) announces its elected 2023 Officers and Board of Directors. The CMAA Board of Directors is comprised of 13 club management professionals working collaboratively with the membership, National Committees and Task Forces, Partners, and the National Headquarters team, to advance the profession and the greater industry.
The 2023 Board will be led by the Executive Committee including:
- Chairman Michael Seabrook, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Belle Meade Country Club, Nashville, TN
- Vice Chairman Joe Mendez, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Riverton Country Club, Cinnaminson, NJ
- Secretary–Treasurer Richard LaRocca, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Beechmont Country Club, Cleveland, OH
- Immediate Past Chairman Mitchell Platt, MCM, CCE, General Manager, Cosmos Club, Washington, DC
Newly elected or reelected as Directors are:
- Haissam Baityeh, CCM, CCE, Chief Operating Officer, Country Club of Spartanburg, Spartanburg, SC, elected to a three-year term
- Jeff Isbell, CCM, General Manager, Renaissance Golf Club, Haverhill, MA, elected to a one-year term
- Joseph Krenn, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Farmington Country Club, Charlottesville, VA, reelected to a three-year term
- Kimberly Clark Warren, CCM, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Saucon Valley Country Club, Bethlehem, PA, elected to a three-year term
Directors continuing to serve on the CMAA Board are:
- Janine Budzius, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Philadelphia Country Club, Gladwyne, PA
- Casey Newman, CCM, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Lakeside Country Club, Houston, TX
- William Shonk, CCM, CCE, General Manager, Princess Anne Country Club, Virginia Beach, VA
- Jack Slaughter, CCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Carolina Country Club, Raleigh, NC
- Michael S. Wheeler, MCM, CCE, General Manager/Chief Operating Officer, Cherokee Town & Country Club, Atlanta, GA
CMAA members participated in the elections process both online and in-person. The official election results were announced at the Closing Business Session of CMAA’s 2023 World Conference and Club Business Expo in Orlando, FL.
Founded in 1927, the Club Management Association of America (CMAA) is the largest professional association for managers of membership clubs with more than 7,000 members throughout the US and internationally. Our members contribute to the success of more than 2,500 country, golf, athletic, city, faculty, military, town, and yacht clubs. The objectives of the Association are to promote relationships between club management professionals and other similar professions; to encourage the education and advancement of members; and to provide the resources needed for efficient and successful club operations. Under the covenants of professionalism, education, leadership, and community, CMAA continues to extend its reach as the leader in the club management practice. CMAA is headquartered in Alexandria, VA, with 42 professional chapters and more than 40 student chapters and colonies. Learn more at cmaa.org.